At the upcoming Dutch-Flemish “Etmaal van de Communicatiewetenschap”, organized at Ghent University on February 8-9, several CcaM researchers will present their latest work.
This conference is a competitive conference featuring communication research from the Netherlands and Belgium. CcaM is proud to have 9 presentations at this year’s conference.
Titles and authors of each presentation are listed below:
1, Ine Beyens and Jessica Piotrowski: Developmental Trajectories of Parental Media Mediation Across Childhood
2. Karin Fikkers and Jessica Piotrowski: Investigating Individual Differences in Youths' Cognitive, Emotional, and Arousal Responses to Entertainment
3. Marleen Klaassen, Annemarie van Oosten and Jochen Peter: Adolescents’ use of Internet pornography and sexual attitudes: The role of content, resistance, and hypergender orientation
4. Rinaldo Kühne and Sanne Opree: The Longitudinal Relationships Between Reality TV Viewing and Involvement
5. Jeroen Lemmens and Sindy Sumter: Fear and loathing in VR: The effects of immersive gaming on fear, aggravation and enjoyment
6. Marthe Möller, Rinaldo Kühne, Susanne Baumgartner and Jochen Peter: Exploring User Responses to Entertainment and Political Videos: An Automated Content Analysis of YouTube
7. Annemarie van Oosten, Laura Vandenbosch and Jochen Peter: Exposure to Online Pornography and Notions of Women as Sex Objects Predict Non-Consensual Forwarding of Sexts among Youth
8. Lara Schreurs, Laura Vandenbosch and Sindy Sumter: Are Tinder, Grindr and other geo-social dating applications facilitating both hookups and romantic relationships? A cross-sectional study on emerging adults’ casual and committed sexual relationships with dating app matches
9. Laura Vandenbosch, Sindy Sumter and Lara Schreurs: Online Dating Apps and Willingness to Sext: The Explanatory Role of the Prototype/Willingness Model
The complete program can be found here: https://etmaal2018.com/.